Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Not The Wall

A few months ago Emma surprised us all by walking into the kitchen and saying, "look my name".  And sure enough that little genius spelled her name without any help on a piece of paper.  Fast forward to the other day when she decided to autograph the laundry room wall in marker.  Now here's a dilemma...in our laundry room we mark the kids growth on the wall.  So in pencil there are their names with dates showing how much they're grown.  So I say to Emma, "what are you doing writing on the wall?" and she says to me that she measured herself and that's how tall she is today.  So there I stand thinking that's a pretty logical answer so now what???  I took a deep breath, had a little "inside" chuckle and said, "that's good that you can measure yourself, however, we only do that with Mommy or Daddy present and we use a pencil."  Even as I share this story I'm laughing.  It was seriously one of those priceless Mommy moments.  Life is good.


And who could be mad at this face?

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous. Your kids will appreciate your blog to the max, later on. pop-pop

    ReplyDelete